Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stick To My Guns

What my parents have taught me about being around/raising kids is that you have to be consistent. If you threaten them with a punishment or to take something away then you have to actually do it. If you don’t then you lose respect instantly. Tonight Tesfanesh told me that Israel keeps dumping his food on the ground and refusing to eat. Meseret had told her right before dinner and she asked me what we should do. Hmmm…what to do? This kid knows how to push buttons. I told her that he obviously doesn’t want to eat so let’s not give him the opportunity to waste food. If he dumps his food at lunch then he doesn’t get dinner….if he dumps his dinner then no breakfast. I know not feeding kids is horrible but I think he can miss a meal or two and not have any problems. So I told her to explain to him that since he dumped his food on the ground at lunch he doesn’t get dinner and to stay in his room. She then explained that if he does it again the punishment will be the same.

No comments: