Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Slippery Slope

This morning after giving Temesgen a bath- because his mom was picking him up- I decided that I needed a shower too. So I took a bucket and the electric kettle downstairs. When I was on the second step I slipped a little because there was water on the top of the stairs. Tesfanesh saw and said, “By Yay-sus.” (In the name of Jesus) I told her I was fine and continued down the stairs. When I was about three steps from the bottom I slipped really bad on water and actually fell. I hit my butt on the edge of the stair, which hurt really bad. There were about five kids watching me. I dropped everything when I slipped and Meseret came from the kitchen and saw what had happened and she said, “By Yay-sus!” as well. She actually picked me up (against my will) and put me on the bottom step. I limped into the living room and sat down to catch my breath. Tesfanesh came running in and asked what had happened and if I was alright. I told her there was water on the steps and whoever spilled it needs to clean it up right away. I also said that we were really lucky it was me and not a little kid. Zoudie then came downstairs and mopped up her water. I just checked and I have a huge black and blue bruise on my butt, which freaks all the nannies out. Since they are so dark you can’t really see bruises very well and since my butt is so white the color stands out. Oh to be a ferenge (white person).

No comments: