Wednesday, March 11, 2009

#12 They Will Be Great

My new brothers will be great uncles, husbands and dads one day. Since all the babies have been sick recently I have come to rely on Alemu and Israel for help. Alemu loves Yabsira and Israel loves Muna. Alemu will hold her, feed her, burp her and rock her to sleep. Israel loves to play with Muna…she is at the stage where she is starting to laugh and be really personable. I tried to tech them how to change diapers but they just weren’t comfortable with that yet…I don’t blame them diarrhea isn’t fun to clean up. The ladies call Yabsira my baby because I take care of her most of the time (since she has been sick I have become very protective of her and who gets to watch her). Know if she cries and Alemu is in the room they say to him, “Your baby is crying.” And he goes and picks her up and takes care of her. If Muna is crying and Israel is in the room he will pick her up and hold her and tickle her until she laughs. During lunch and dinner the four big kids help feed four little kids. Alemu has Melkamu and Israel has Matthewos. They are really good at feeding them slow with little bites. They are just really good with kids – they will fit in perfectly to our family. I gave Ruth, Enqutatash, Muna and Yabsira their Hepatitis B vaccination with Simegne on Sunday before church. There weren’t any extra adults to hold Yabsira when it was her turn so I asked Alemu to hold her while she got the injection. He was hesitant at first because he knew she would be in pain but I said that I couldn’t hold her and give her a shot. As soon as it was over he cradled her in his arms and she stopped screaming. Just like that…she stopped. They will be great that’s all I have to say about that.

No comments: