Wednesday, March 11, 2009

By Any Other Name

Today Sue came back from Kamashi with the cutest little girl ever. She couldn’t remember her name so she called her China because she might be half Chinese - but that is pure speculation. I don’t like that name because I do not think it is appropriate. After she left I asked Tesfanesh and Missaye not to call her that…they totally agreed. So then I asked Missaye to think of a very beautiful name to fit this very beautiful little girl. She came up with Halle (pronounced Hall-lay), which is short for Hallelujah. Some how it fits her very well. We were told that she was being fed sugar water so we tried regular formula and she vomited almost instantly when she had finished her bottle. So after 20 minutes we got out the soy formula and she has kept down 4 oz. without any problems. She is probably lactose intolerant and so she couldn’t keep cows milk down so they fed her sugar water. (This is just my opinion though). I hope this soy formula will work.

2 comments:

Maria and Family said...

I like the new name better too. How do you not fall in love with all these beautiful children? You are doing a wonderful job :0

Maria and Family said...

That was supposed to be a SMILE!! :) DARN SHIFT KEY.. :)