Monday, February 2, 2009

#3 The Results Are In

Sunday late afternoon (when I got home from church and lunch) I looked at the lab results from the stool samples. Tesfanesh still couldn't get Temesgen to poop so we have to go back again...luckily this hospital is very close to the house. There is only one child who doesn't have anything which surprises me because he was the one with really bad diarrhea for a couple of days. Four children have yeast in their stools whicg indicates a fungal infection, five have giardia and two have both. When I read the results I decided right then and there that things were going to be done differently around here concerning water. I told Tefanesh that we needed to go to Alembank to get some supplies. I bought one large (60L) plastic water tank and three medium (40L) water tanks. As soon as the store opens up tomorrow I am going to buy four facets for wach of the tanks. The large one is going to be for the children and boiled clean water in it...this way they will be able to have water whenever they want. Hopefully having this available for them will reduce the number of times they drink unclean water. The medium sized tanks are for wach of the nannies in their rooms. I think it will be easier to fill bottles using a faucet tan using a huge water bottle. We'll see if this works..I'll keep you posted.

No comments: