Monday, February 2, 2009

#5 In Ethiopia It's Not A Big Deal

I hear that a lot from the Ethiopian nurse that comes to the house once a week. I went to Brook Hospital where she works today to pick up the medication for the children. I told her that I think I might have caught something from the kids. At first when I got it I thought it was a mosquito bite but after two weeks it stillisn't gone and the shape has become more defined. It is on the bridge of my nose where my sunglasses lie so it totally looks like a huge circle of zits but it's not...it itches super bad and is in an oval shape. The same shape that Ayana's face think was. Oh great. I asked her if I could take an anti-fungal medication we have at the house ahd her response was "in Ethiopia it's not a big deal". Heloo- it's on my face and obviously contagious. I told her that much in a nicer way...she said that if I really wanted to than to go ahead. I told her that I did and she just alughted at me and told me to paint my face (I think she meant with make-up). Seriously lady...I think you would to if you had some weird contagious fungal infection on your face...man that sounds horrible. It's not that bad really but it does itch.

No comments: