Monday, February 2, 2009

#4 Burger King

You know how Burger King commercials have that famous jingle? Have it your way. Well, if I had it my way I would fire the cook. I've never wanted to have someone fired before but I kind of feel like Dwight from The Office who always wants to fire Jim...except I have a good reason. She is late every week...and this is a big deal at this house. She gets 24 hours off from Sat. at 3 pm. until Sunday at 3 pm. All the nannies made a deal that if the cook prepared food in advance for Sunday's lunch (which is injera and wot) than she could have 24 hours off. Most of the nannies don't get even 5 hours off a week so to have 24 hours is amazing. Most sundays she is late only 3 hours....I know that doesn't sound like grounds for firing but it puts tons of stress on the nannies that have to prepare dinner for the children as well as do the job they are being paid for. I have ended up cooking for them for the last three Sundays. Well two weeks ago she calls from her parents house saying she is sick...none of us believed her. Yesterday she called late at night and said that she couldn't find a ride because of the holiday...yeah right. Buze (Lily's mom) answered the phone and was told not to tell Tefanesh or I that she had called...please...everyone was so mad at her that they told Tefanesh she had mentioned Saturday, before she left, that she might not be able to find a ride home...I think they were suppose to keep it a secret. The kids didn't have dinner until 8 pm. lst night...they usually have it at 6:30 and are in bed by 7:30. She didn't come until 8 am Monday morning. One Saturday she refused to make injera before she left and Zoudie had to Sunday morning...but Zoudie was cunning and only made enought for that meal (if you make all the injera in one batch it wil last us three days). If I had it my way I would find a new cook. She is a sweet lady but come on enough is enough.

No comments: