Monday, February 2, 2009

#15 Delta Airlines

We had a crazy man come around near the house. It was right around lunch time when he made it over to our side of the little field in front of our house. He looked up inot the window and saw six women (some holding babies) watching him. He motioned ro me that he was hungry. I told Meseret that we should give him lunch...she ran downstairs to make him a plate. He then sat on the fence right outside the house and pulled down his pants. I quickly turned away and so did the others and we all burst out laughing. We had two men working on the laundry line so we weren't completly without protection if we needed it. I sent Buze (Lily's mom) to go and get sodas for everyone. When she came back I realized that the two men working and the crazy man probably wanted one too. So she went back out to get three more. He really liked his injera but not the soda so much. We gave it to hime in a little plastic kiddie cup so he wouldn't hurt himself or anyone else with the glass. He drank some but threw the rest towards Tefanesh...luckily he missed. He was our lunch entertainment I hate to say. There were three girls working on the other side of the field doing construction and he kept bothering them until the grouter came back from lunch and told him to go away. He then climbed the fence and waundered in the small field some time. Buze went out and asked him for the plate back and he threw small peices of injera at her...I'm not sure if it hit her or not. When it was getting cold (around 4 pm) we noticed he was putting on more cloths. I had this brilliant idea all I had to do was to find them. I found them after a little searching...two delta airline blankets! Perfect. Ayana's parents gave them to us in their two huge bags of donations. I told Buze to follow me and to go give then to him while I stood by the gate and watched...because the men had gone home by then. He said..."thank you and God bless you". to us. He was so sad because he couldn't have been much older than 25 and he was not right in his mind. I saw him pick up his possessions in a small plasitc bag and then all of the sudden he was gone. Hopefully, he has left for good because the kids really wanted to go to the meadow today but I said that they couldn't because this man was outside. This is the small field outside the front gate.

No comments: