Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Smart Scrubs

I owe a huge thanks to Grandma, Aunt Cindy and Christa for donating money to buy scrubs for the nannies. And I also owe a huge thanks to Terri at Smart Scrubs for helping me out. Here's the whole story:
When I first came home I went into the store called Smart Scrubs and talked to a woman named Terri. She is about the sweetest most compassionate woman in San Diego. She told me that she would do her best to try and find me some deals and that she would like to donate scrubs out of her own personal stash. Since I am a slacker I didn't go back to the store until today (the day before I leave). I told her how much money I had and she pointed me in the direction of the sales rack...everything was $4.99! This was half the cost of what they were when I first went to look into scrubs. She helped me pick out 15 sets of scrubs and when she totaled it up it ended up being $1.50 less than my budget. We both felt that it was an affirmation from God. 
So thank you again ladies. I'll take pictures of the nannies in their new scrubs.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Emily, I found your blog via your mom's. She and I were roommates together at WBC (a million years ago). I love your blog and just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you sharing the blessings and difficulties you are going through. God bless you!

Brian and Autumn said...

AWESOME!!

T said...

Oh Sweet Emily
I was on KLOVE'S website tonight and there you were! OMGoodness! I'm like ok God I get it, this girl is forever a part of me. Then I went to your blog and cried and cried. Your words touched my heart and I will never be the same after meeting you. Someday my friend I think were going to stand in Africa together. You are precious. I thank God for blessing my life with you and your family. Can I just say I love you and you will be in my prayers and heart forever. You are awesome.
God bless you my friend.
Teri

T said...

P.S. Yes "It was a God thing"