Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Come Out and Say It

I'll just come out and say it...does anyone want to donate money toward new scrubs for a bunch (35) of nannies? When I go back in July I will be volunteering at two new orphanages in Addis. All of the nannies wear old scrubs that were donated a couple years ago. Since they are becoming all tattered and torn I would like to get them new ones. I went to a store today and inquired about possible donations or discounts. The lady happened to be a Christian and very compassionate towards missions she seemed to really want to help - it may have been the fact that Elias snuggled with her and made her tear up or that she felt something from God...we will never know. So needless to say the most expensive (with no discount) price would be $8.75(tax included) for one piece of the set. If you would be interested please let me know ASAP. Thank you so much.

3 comments:

Jaime & Kelly said...

Hello,
I would like to help. Please let me know how. As you will see on my blog we live in Ohio and are waiting for our adoption referral from Ethiopia. (while I wait i stalk blogs about Ethiopia learning and getting ready for our trip)
Jaime

christa said...

Em-

I don't have a lot of extra $ right now, but I do want to help. Can I just donate via your paypal account on this page? Let me know! Love you and can't wait to talk to you (I'm calling this weekend, for sure!)

Emily said...

Hey Christa,
Thanks for wanting to donate. Yes you can pay via Paypal. I look forward to your call. I miss you.